Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Belated Claymore Report!

So, you're up early the food for the day is prepared clothing neatly laid out and all you need to do is shower and jump in the car for the three hour drive up the A1. what could go wrong? Well, three tractors and two very slow moving caravans is the answer!

We set out a little later having to suddenly rush to the loo near a supermarket (I know, I should have better control at my age LOL). That set us back about half an hour (we had to find the supermarket!). The three tractors and the caravan meant that instead of arriving at claymore just after 10am we got there at 2.10pm!! Needless to say that i have less respect for farmers who own mechanical vehicles (yep, that all of 'em!) than i used to. Fair enough with the caravans (it was the beginning of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival) but did they have to go 30mph up the single lane roads?

On a positive note I did get to talk to some old friends, in particular Jim L and Derek (they go as a pair!), David Imrie, Andrew Taylor, Dave T, Jack, Brian, Dave O'Brien, Jim and a few others to boot. always a pleasure guys.

Anyway, lack of time post shopping for mini's from the Perry's for the Sudan at Dave T's stand left me with limited options for taking pics. I missed a hell of a lot of games that I didn't even get a chance to take any pictures of..... ah well, sometimes things don't go according to plan LOL :>)

Here's them pics:

Late Medieval Saga Game- Sottish Islemen Invade the Mainland

This game put on by Daivd Imrie, Ian Beal and Andrew Taylor was my favourite of the show and the amount of pics I took probably reflects this. David had had temporary Saga boards made up for the occasion (these will not be for sale and were only made for the game). Not only was the terrain amazingly well done, even down to the very realistic looking trees but each miniature had been immaculately painted by David and Andrew. Hopefully my photography will reflect this.








Kerriemuir Wargames Club

Another great looking game, great terrain pieces and lots of very well painted miniatures on display. I did ask what the game was but I somehow forgot to write it down as we were having a conversation about possible rules for Hastings at Salute next year! sorry guys, I'll drop you a line and get the details off you then edit the post.



Durham Wargames Group- Battle of Waterloo in 54mm!!

Battle of Waterloo in 54mm!! Yes, you heard me correctly- I've just rejoined the Durham club and the game came even as a surprise to me! I suppose in a way, overhearing at the club that Conrad Cairns would be supplying the miniatures it should not have come as a shock to me that the game was in 54mm. no offence meant of course Conrad but you are known for your more esoteric tastes when it comes to wargaming.







That's about it for now folks.

cheers,
Darrell.

16 comments:

  1. Belated, but worth the wait - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, worth it. I think I'll be jumping on the train nest time though LOL :>)

      Darrell.

      Delete
  2. Great looking games! Waterloo in 54mm... c'est magnifique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or just plain potty LOL :>)

      Darrell.

      Delete
  3. Hmm Saga for late medieval, would like to see what people put on the battle boards for this, hint hint. Regardless the games all look stunning, Waterloo in 54mm now that is a nice idea but way out of my budget. Thanks for the post Darrell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't take any pics of the battle boards as they were only temporary as they were not official. They did look really nice though.

      I know what you mean about the Waterloo game in 54mm!! :>)

      Darrell.

      Delete
    2. Chris

      Send me an email to jimduncan779 at btinternet dot com

      Jim

      Delete
    3. Jim,

      It has been done. Please let me know if you got my e-mail?

      Darrell.

      Delete
    4. I mean't the email address for Chris!"

      Delete
  4. The ancients game was by the Kirriemuir Club and featured Thracians and Macedonians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i could see that Jim, I just wondered if it was a game based on an actual battle or just a 'what if' type of affair?

      Lovely looking game though it has to be said. Kerry rarely dissappoint.

      Darrell.

      Delete
  5. Great pics Darrell. I really like the Medieval saga game. Quality painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, like all of David and Andrew's games it was a sight to behold, especially up close where you can see the very high quality of the painting shine.

      Darrell

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yep, claymore is always a great show- it's a pity i got there so late and missed so much :>(

      Delete