Anyway, today I managed to allot some time to have a go at an Foundry Indian casualty model that I bought from second hand from the Middlesbrough show last weekend with a view to converting the little fella into an Afghan casualty.
Apologies for the photo's- I'll make sure that they're taken properly next time. Here's a before and after:
The mini had his pants trimmed off with a sharp blade and then was roughly filed down to leave his legs more or less bare.
OK, I gradually added 'lumps' of ProCreate putty, mixed 50/50 to the model building up the pants on the model as I went. It was also important to get the pants rising as if they were very baggy as in the test model next to the conversion. I then simply applies the folds in the cloth, exaggerated slightly to conform with the idea of the trousers being baggy.
That's about it for now. Tomorrow I will be trying the daunting task any sculpting I do if the file strikes the putty later on.