Tuesday, 4 August 2026

Army of Gonzalo Fernandez de Cordoba (1453–1515), El Gran Capitan (The Great Captain)- None AI Slop!


For regular readers of my blog, here's the original image of the Spanish Sword and Buckler unit I had painted for the army of Gonzalo Fernandez de Cordoba in the original photograph.

I have the same sane misgivings about AI as many and just wanted to show I haven't lost my mind and to reassure people that the blog will continue in it's normal format- none AI!

Cheers for now..

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The last but one post was just a wee bit of an experiment. I love painting and that is not going to change :)

      Delete
  2. Still fantastic work. What figures are you using for your Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, they're all from The Assault Group's Trastamara (Early) Renaissance/Italian Wars Spanish range here: https://theassaultgroup.co.uk/product-category/renaissance/spanish/

      Delete
  3. Nice figures, and for a nice army. I always preferred the Spanish arquebusier heavy armies to overstuffed gendarmes and showy pike (Swiss and Landsknechts).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Rob. I *think* I originally went for them as they were the underdog in Naples etc who taught the might of France a lesson or two. That is my ideal anyway :>)

      Delete
  4. The color is just wonderful! I wish I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you. It is honestly just practice and patience. I am no Caravaggio lol :>)

      Delete
  5. El Gran Capitan approves! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superbly painted and I am another vote for focussing on the figures! :)
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James. That was always my intention- love miniature painting.

      Delete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment