Durham Wargames Group ran a Chariot based Wheels of Fear WAB event over the weekend gone.
I was playing so don't have many pictures of the games at all but do have pictures of the winners.
We will be running another event next year, earlier in the year, possible June/July. If you're interested please contact me via the "contact Form" on this blog (top-ish right) or leave a comment and I can pass on the organisers email address.
Cheers


















Cool photos, I don't see you among the winners?
ReplyDelete.....and you're not likely to Ray lol :>)
DeleteIs that someone's home??
ReplyDeleteLook at all that lovely terrain and stuff.
Sort of related question:
How does WAB play?
Is it similar enough to WFB that picking it up will be easy enough?
Hi Mike, This was Durham Wargames Club's permanent premises. WAB V.2 plays very similar to WFB but with many of thew problems ironed out. WAB V.1/1.5 is still very much like WHFB 5th Ed/6th Ed. Obviously the army lists are very different as they must reflect historical reality rather than that of a fantasy world.
DeleteThe place looks like heaven!!
DeleteI'm a WFB 3rd edition player which I think may be a bit more historically minded in terms of manoeuvre and so on than 4th edition onwards?
I will have a look around for some reviews on it.
Ta.
Hi Mike, sorry for the late response. WAB v.2 was a big departure from WAB v.1/1.5 which were heavily based on WHFB 5th edition. New formations were introduced like Open Order Troops and a host of others. It's important not to confuse the terminology in WAB V.2 with that of The old World (JTY, one of the writers of ToW was heavily into WAB V.2 and took some of the concepts but twisted them to suit the GW game). WAB V.2 bears very little resemblance to that of The Old World.
DeleteBTW, WFB 3rd is probably the best edition as it's much less rigid than the following editions and because of that; a lot more fun.
It's interesting to hear that our musty old wargames club being described as heaven LOL. (I do know exactly what you mean though, we are very lucky)
Thanks.
Delete"BTW, WFB 3rd is probably the best edition as it's much less rigid than the following editions and because of that; a lot more fun."
I always think of it more of a complete tool box of rules, from which you use the ones best suited to give you the game you want.
I do have Warhammer English Civil War, which I guess is closer to WAB than WFB is?
Mike, Yes, Warhammer ECW is very similar but it too is based on WHFB 5th Ed whereas WAB 2 was play tested entirely separately and is much more of a stand alone game; though there are obvious similarities, Roll to Hit, roll to wound, roll to save being the most obvious. If I were to recommend a version of WAB, I would suggest WAB V.2, but also it wouldn't do any harm to remain curious about WAB V.2/i.5. I hope that all makes sense?
Delete