I have recently been to see (pun intended) an Ophthalmologist and apparently my eyes are not damaged so apart from the feeling of having a needle shoved into my eye making contact with my grey matter I'm OK. I have to watch out for any potential changes or redness on my actual eye but should make a good recovery. a couple of amusing things of note; the Ophthalmology team gave me two sets of drops in both eyes. One (ironically) an analgesic which hurts like hell for a few minutes and another set of drops which verily dilate ones pupils. So much so that I thought I was hallucinating on leaving the ward! Colours so vivid it was quite beautiful- until the sun came out that is- that was quite painful.
so, in summary, I just cannot paint at the moment, not due to any visual impairment, but rather due to the tremendous headaches made worse by the intensity of the focus of the eye. I can read (a godsend!) but only a chapter at a time as that too makes the headaches worsen, only not as bad as my real passion, painting.
Cheers
Oh that sounds painful , hope you are on the mend soon .
ReplyDeleteThanks The Good Soldier Svjek, it's not so much the paint, it's not being able to wear my Optivisor and paint that's getting to me lol
DeleteOof.... That sounds awful mate. Might have to rethink my aversion to needles and invasive substances and get that Shingles vaccine afterall...
ReplyDeleteHope the recovery is swift and normal hobbying resumes without problems for ya.
Please do, I was told by the Ophthalmologist that of I'd missed the antivirals by a day, they would be so ineffective that it *might* have lead to permanent loss of some vision!
DeleteYikes. Hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm feeling much better now thanks Tom L. I just wish I could paint :>(
Delete