Saturday 31 July 2021

Steppe Nomads (Half) Cantabrian Circle


Not to blow my own trumpet but I am amazed at my output at present! Admittedly it is partially the result of the varnish queue that had accrued over the weeks but I do think that there is some acceleration with the old brush too. Perhaps it is a result of the (hopefully short) hiatus I will be undertaking very soon?

The first six out of 6 of the rank and file (if they could be described as such?) of the Steppe Nomads in a (half) Cantabrian Circle are happily based, painted and nicely "tufted". Hopefully I will be able to juggle things around to get the next six glossed, matted down then based within the next week or two. Fingers crossed; I'm not a big fan of half finished units lying around, they have a nasty habit of getting chipped no matter how careful I am.

And a more loose picture of the unit with the edges of the background popping out!


I think/hope(!) I have the models positioned in the right place to give the feel of the Cantabrian Circle  whilst also maintaining a sort of frontage that most wargames rules demand? I would love to hear your thoughts.

As usual, all the images are "clickable" both of the half unit above and the single bases below.

Single Bases 1:







Single Bases 2:







Single Bases 3:






2 comments:

  1. Wonderful painting. Am I to gather, based on the tags, that these are Aventine Miniatures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they are Codsticker. They're being remoulded at present so are temporarily unavailable.

      Delete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment