Friday 8 December 2023

Battleground Wargames Show. Stockton 2023 in Pictures

Just over a week ago I had the pleasure of attending Battleground Wargames Show in Stockton (Saturday 30th November 2024). 

My aim was to write up a full show report inspired by the vast improvements of the venue, the games and the turnout since my last Battleground show in 2015. Unfortunately I've been struck down by quite a vicious virus since the show and a constant mega headache and sinus pain to not make good bedfellows when combined with my attempts to cover the show.

Rather than just let the pictures go to waste I have decided just to post them as they are as I think the show needs promoting and who knows, one day the North East proper (apologies to Vapnartak!) will have a large show of our own. 

Grimsby Wargames Society, WWI, The Battle of Haricourt





???, Border Reivers, ???
(any info would be greatly appreciated!)





???, Death on the Nile, Trireme Naval Combat



Westerhope Wargames Group, The Battle of Naseby-14th June 1654, ECW



Napoleonic Reenactors Looking Very Sharpe (I'll get me coat.....)



Cupcake Wars!


Durham Wargames Group, Battle of ?, Never Mind the Boathooks











Tantobie Warfare and Tactical Society, The Battle of Miniawala 1846, Anglo Sikh Wars











Lancaster Wargames Society, After Casablanca, The Further Adventures of rick and Louis


Redcar Ironbeards, 1st Schelswig-holstein War, 1848-49








??? DBN, Eylau, 1807

10 comments:

  1. Some lovely games thanks for sharing as I didn’t get to see them on the day 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Leon does a good job organising the show. I think southern shows are slowly on the way out whatever size they are. Colours was awful this year. I never went to Warfare because of the venue in Farnborough. Attack Devizes has been quiet for the past two years. I never want to attend Salute again if it’s in the Excel Centre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to go to as many shows as I can. Addicted!

      Delete
  3. Hello Darrell (I used to be on the Steve Dean Forum and I visited the Durham Wargames Group one time, if you're wondering how we might now each other)

    Here's some information for you, concerning the games:
    Border Reivers = Brompton Bankers (group from Northallerton area, I believe)
    Death on the Nile = Tyneside Wargames Club
    Cupcake Wars! = Cozzmic Cakes (shop from Hartlepool, I believe)
    DBN, Eylau, 1807 = Yorkshire Coast Wargamers (Scarborough, I believe)

    I'll also pass on this blog post to Leon Pengilley, as he's collecting blogger's posts of the show and including them in a blog list on the Pendraken Miniatures Forum's Battleground 2023 thread. Here's the link

    https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,22773.msg359468.html?PHPSESSID=u4qbho09h7egimhgejoi1c93es#new

    Obviously if you don't want it included, just say.
    Roy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. I am from Sedgefield originally and think the north east should have their own nationally recognized show. I love the huge WW1 game👍
    Hope your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers John, it was rather splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. Hope you are feeling better now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack yes I'm feeling much better. It lingered a few weeks longer then expected!

      Delete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment