Tuesday 12 May 2020

Reconquista! Arab Heavy Cavalry

This unit is actually a part of my Italo Norman army as Aghlibid Heavy Cavalry allies. They have seen plenty of action over the years so they will be getting a bit of a makeover and will be re-based so the bases match that of the Islamic forces I have painted up recently.

They are all Artizan Designs and mixed and matched from the Moor range and include a light and Heavy Cavalry mix of Moors and Andalusians.







The banner on the standard bearer below has been repurposed to the Black Guard unit of spearmen so I will be adding something new to the unit. I just hope I have enough LBMS transfers for all the banners!


16 comments:

  1. Cracking job on this gorgeous cavalry...😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work I love the solid nature of the artisan figures , I am currently painting a few of their mounted crossbowmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blimey! That's the first time I've noticed the Mounted Crossbowmen Matt! At first I thought they relatively new editions to the range but the packs are in numerical order so must have just missed them (for over ten years!) LOL.

      Delete
  3. They're marvelous, splendid detailed, and crisp.
    Your work is the best advertising for their products :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dmitry- that's very nice of you to say so. I think there are many other painters that could so a better job then me :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely work. Well worth saving the old photos. I love the colour palette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work as ever, I particularly like your horses.

    ReplyDelete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment