Thursday 14 May 2020

Yet another find on my old (steam powered) laptop which came to life again to reveal these pictures. Speed Painted Perry Miniatures Knights Templar and Hospitaller respectively. To perhaps give you some idea of what I mean by speed painting, if you take the undercoating and varnishing out of the process it took two days to paint two units of twelve! This is without doubt the quickest paint job that I ever undertook!

There was a lot of dry brushing and black washes involved with the Hospitallers and all the horses. I think the only layered paint is on the Templar Robes, fleshy bits and the armours.

I have a future project in mind where I using the Perry Miniature First Crusade range and doing a lot of converting work with the old putty. This will be adding caparisons to roughly half the horses. These will eventually long with their shields portray the early heraldry of individual knights and the military orders. also, a lot of helmet modifications and I'm contemplating buying some of the Footsore Miniatures Anglo Danish kite shields and modifying them slightly. As i say, a project for the future. 









6 comments:

  1. THey look splendid, great mix of white and black, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Sold them a long time ago sadly, I wish I had not done so now :>(

      Delete
  2. Nice and clean - wonderfully painted as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite you called it a speed paint, you’ve got a truly decent result! Concise and neat brushwork;) l like ivory shade on white cottas, lovely looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. I need to buy some more and do it again! :>)

      Delete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment