Saturday 14 November 2020

Swordpoint; How to Play Videos by Medieval Warrior Parts I, II, III and IV (Updated 14/11/2020)

  The first thing I need to point out is that the following "How to Play Swordpoint" videos have been skilfully collated and narrated by Nic aka Medieval Wargamer with his permission from his YouTube Channel.

Here are Parts I, II and III with more to come.

I know just from general chat on the net that Swordpoint by Gripping Beast has been compared, unfairly in my opinion, with Warhammer Ancient Battles or at least as a 'successor' to WAB. There are some comparisons that can be made with WAB though only to the point that Swordpoint has been developed  as a stand alone game and only superficially resembles WAB, in the same way that all wargames rules owe something to HG Wells and Donald Featherstone. Rolls To Hit and rolls To Save etc. The system places a great emphasis on the Line of Battle where units support one another by their local presence which basically equates to an elite unit may not easily break through a line of comparatively lower status on the table top. Maintaining the Line of Battle is the key to a successful game.

Other innovations include Shooting comes before movement etc so one has to think of where both your and your enemies units might be in the next turn.

I think he's done a great job of explaining the rules, certainly better then I could do as my skills with any IT editing video tool kit are minimal which is probably being kind to myself!

Without further ado:

Why I like SWORDPOINT Rules- "Line of Battle"


Why I like SWORDPOINT Rules - Part 2. Shooting


Miniature Battle Aids - Unit Cards


SWORDPOINT Rules -Part III (COMBAT)




SWORDPOINT Rules Part IV. Cohesion-Break and Rally Tests



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment