Thursday 30 August 2012

A Big Thumbs Up.......


...... to all the staff in the Plastic Department of North Durham University Hospital for saving my thumb and thus allowing me to enjoy my hobby again and thus continue with my dream job!

My thumb has healed extremely well, the stitches melted away without any problem, the incision is very clean and all I have to worry about now is to remember to apply some moisturiser every now and again to stop the dry skin around the wound from flaking and getting very itchy!!

A job well done IMHO.


Sorry for the crap quality of the pic, it was taken at 5:30 this morning and I was a bit groggy and half asleep.

Darrell.

3 comments:

  1. Darrell, I've just read back to the previous posts about your accident. It sounds horrendous - I am so pleased it worked out OK in the end and they've done a brilliant job on your thumb. Great news, and take it easy while its on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. It's all come a a tremendous relief to say the least- 1mm further to the left and I would have severed the nerve(!) and that would have put me out of action, probably permanently!

      Delete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment