Monday 3 September 2012

Partizan II

Partizan II has come and gone until next year and for me at was a great show on a many levels. firstly it was only the second show that I've attended all year thus it was very refreshing, secondly with putting on the Battle of Fornovo as a demo game I needed to catch up on the new Perry Italian stuff as well as a few other bits and bobs.

I bought a copy of Gripping BeastsSaga and the supplement to go with it, Northern Fury, the latter having the rules for the Jomsvikings which have had their miniatures sculpted by the very talented Bill from Musketeer Miniatures who just keeps coming on in leaps and bounds. given my interest in Early to Late Medieval history it seemed silly not to buy the Harold Godwinson and his Brothers set too. a little pricey at £10 for three miniatures, but I have to say that the sculpting is very dynamic and when painted up they will look superb. One of the good things about Saga is that it is a skirmish game and it's also something that my girlfriend has expressed an interest in playing with me. We can just about fit a 6'x4' table in our dining room so having a load of Norse etc painted up already should allow us to roll some dice very soon.

So, with two bags full of goodies from Dave Thomas I was lead (almost by the nose!) to the Ainsty Castings stall where (under pain of death from Saby) I picked up a few Crooked dice mini's and an Ainsty Tardis. This is for the start of another skirmish type affair that Saby, being a Dr Who 'nut' insists that we start playing. she even expressed an interest in painting some of the miniatures up! Something she has never tried before, she may be given something old and lacking importance to practice on first! No offence my dear!

As for the games, well, they were what you would expect at what is, in my opinion is still one of the premier shows in the UK. I took a lot of pics so here's to hoping that Blogger can cope!

Indian Mutiny Game











League of Augsburg













Medieval Skirmish Game








Monmouth Rebellion





Napoleonic


The Sudan- Peter Pig


The Alma- Dave Andrews

















US Invasion of Canada?



US Army Air Force Under Attack- Check Your Six





The Sudan- Skirmish Game- Wargames Soldiers and Strategy Magazine











Western Front WWI- Curteys Miniatures








Y Gododdin












For those of you that didn't make it to Partizan II this year, I've captured most but not all of the games, though I think it gives you a flavour of what you are missing by not being there! It was certainly great to be back after such a long hiatus.








6 comments:

  1. Seems to have been a nice event:)

    Thanks for all the nice pictures, interesting medieval skirmish game.

    Good luck with the SAGA gaming !

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some fantastic pics! Wish I could've been there this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! Thanks for posting.

    :o)

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking looking games; love the look of the Indian Mutiny and Alma ones particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics matey ..... !

    Q

    ReplyDelete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment