Tuesday 14 July 2020

Hengist or Horsa?

So, Horsa or Hengist? Or just some Saxon chap stranded on the Saxon Shore?

I have just plucked this picture out of an old laptop which has been a very long ongoing process. I am happy I did as I quite like the cut of his jib.




Next up will be either my first completed Aventine Early Byzantine unit of Extra Heavy Infantry or a unit of Beja. It all depends on how I feel at the moment. Having to 'socially shield' for health reasons has actually prove to be a bit of a bane to my painting output as I had been setting myself targets such as "have enough completed for a demo game at Partizan" etc and knowing that I am going to be in the house for the long haul has had an effect on my modelling morale. Still, I should not really complain as there will be people out there who have been horribly effected by Covid 19. My thoughts go out to anyone who has suffered.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal. Hopefully I'll get some new work posted very soon :>)

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Vote for Horsa or Hengist if you like:)
    Can’t wait to see your results of Byzantine infantry since I really interested in this theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dmitry.

      I expected Keith and Adam's Aventine Byzantines to be superb sculpts and very highly detailed but the first unit has taken me some time as the level of detail is really something else! Probably the best miniatures I have put a brush to!

      Delete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment