Saturday 2 November 2019

Battle of Fulford Gate, Claymore, Sometime Ago!

Sometime back both myself and fellow SESWC club members put on The Forgotten Battle of Fulford Gate 1066 at Claymore Wargames Show. now, what year isn't exactly clear in my mind. What is clear is that Gripping Beast's contribution to filling out the armies was crucial as neither of us had managed to get the requisite number painted up in time! One of the perks for painting professionally for a very good miniature company.

To be honest I've often wondered what happened to the photographs of that game. I knew I had taken some but I could not find them on any of my laptops that were still chugging along, steam powered machines that they now are.

Here are what I could find of the pictures. i know there are many more out there so if you happen to have any please get in touch.











4 comments:

  1. Judging by the photos, a very interesting and entertaining game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. Fulford is not a game that I'd ever seen played before we put it on at Claymore. It's quite an interesting battle too- very much the push and shove of shields (with lots of death interspersed!). I still cannot for the life of me remember what year it was!! lol

      Delete
  2. What ruleset was used?

    Nice, practical, terrain, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dr John.

      I do remember that we used WAB V.2 and that it worked very well. We somehow, mainly down to dumb luck, avoided the units feeling to all corners of the table that WAB used to always entail!

      Delete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment