Sunday 27 July 2014

Norse/Viking Casualty/Beserker Vignettes

These bases were originally meant for WAB. Since I don't usually play WAB nowadays (though I do have the occasional game) they have become casualty markers etc:

As usual, i hope you enjoy the pics.....

Beserker Base I

This base was ready made in many ways. All I had to do was remove the rather thick looking sword from the Artizan Beserker and add a Gripping Beast Daneaxe. The Foundry mini he has by the scruff of the neck came just as is so it was very easy to fit them both together by adding a small piece of plasticard below the Foundry mini before grouting etc.


Beserker Base II



And Beserker Base I with a change of base colour to a more frosty style.











Cheers,
Darrell.

11 comments:

  1. Very nice, Darrell! Very "Vikings"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon.

      As a quick aside, I guess we could talk about any ideas you have about the Medieval Longbow at Partizan after I've watched a few bounds? Given the time that is?

      Delete
  2. That isn't going to end well! Great job Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, maybe I should have done a before and after base :>)

      Darrell.

      Delete
  3. Great looking vignettes/casualty bases. I too have moved away from strictly-WAB based armies, but still play it on occasion with several armies left based for WAB. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've sort of half made the move away and half not. Thing is, a few of the guys at the Durham club do play WAB so I'm all in a bit of a pickle over what to do.....???

      Darrell.

      Delete
  4. Lovely work, they do tell a story! Poor fellows last words were "Can't we all just get along?" The axe said "no."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the famous "Waterloo" film quote! :>)

      He'll certainly be on the evening news LOL :>)

      Delete
  5. They look fantastic- Well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Paul of the ?Man Cave :>)

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment