Friday 22 August 2014

Victorian Steel Colonial Rules

Hi

I've just received my copy of the Grimsby Wargames Society's Victorian Steel Rules for the Colonial period.

I haven't yet had a chance to read right through them, too busy painting today, but as soon as I do I will do a full review and post it here.

What I can say is that the rules are nicely laid out and from the three pages i read are very clear and concise. They are designed for quick play, which is a bonus IMHO as I hate getting stuck in the minutia of some rules systems.

The Grimsby Chaps also run a great forum HERE! It is designed to support the rules and supplements that they have planned and indeed I have heard straight from the horses mouth that some are in the process of being written as I type so you need not worry about the rules not being supported.

Here's a couple of pics:


And a few from an Indian Mutiny Game they were running at the Durham Show in June:













Cheers,
Darrell. 


4 comments:

  1. Well, I'm just going to have to get these, thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No probs Michael.

      Be good to hear what you think of the rules. I haven't played them yet.

      Darrell.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Cash Strapped Gamer, I'm not exactly certain of the basing convention. A wee bit of time has gone by since I played but I do remember that bases are approximately 50x50mm or 60x60mm. I really can't remember the number of miniatures per base per unit type. Sorry I can't be of more help.

      Delete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment