Sunday, 11 January 2015

Project Sudan is Underway!!

Firstly, please forgive the quality of the pics in this little article. Due to circumstances beyond my control I haven't got my lighting system and I've just switched from my Laptop to a Lenovo Yoga and frankly the software for pics compared to what I normally use (Photoshop) is complete rubbish. I've got a CRR/WR on it's merry way to me but as it hasn't arrived as of yet I'm having to make do. I'll re-process the pics as soon as I can install Photoshop! These pics are a bit dark and likely to be very large when you click on them, as I say, circumstances beyond my control.

The Sudan project is under way!!

It's been a while as I've had quite a few personal problems (still have!) since my last post but I'm beginning to get back into the hobby again so that in itself deserves a big "Hurrah!!"

I've manages to glue myself together the first 13 Beja (or Hadendawa in this case) and I'm quite pleased with the results. They were very easy to assemble, which counts for a lot when one has to assemble a mighty host; I've got three boxes to do in total! I'm going to do half as Beja and Half as Kordofani Tribesmen as I want the Beja to be as naked in terms of their clothing and the Kordonfani Tribesmen to be more fully clothed. I'll be mixing in a lot of metals on the bases too to keep as much variation going as possible. There are likely to be a few conversions as well but at this stage, lacking all my gear (I think I've got some Grey Stuff somewhere??) I'm going to stick to just well, sticking them together. I always find that this gives a greater 'feel' to how they can be varied so it's not such a bad thing to wait a short while anyway.

Tonight I'll take some shots of the plastics next to the metals as I'm sure that the former are slightly bulkier than the latter. Anyway, it will give me an idea of how to best fit them all in together in a particular unit. It might very well be the case that the metals have lower and less bulky bases in which case adding a piece of card/platicard below the bases of the metals will do the trick nicely.

For now,here are the pics of the plastics glued together:














So, until tomorrow and the comparison shots between the plastics and the metals, it's cheers for now.


6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing them with a lick of paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. i've been away from the hobby so I posted the unpainted pics up as a way of forcing the pace a little.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made up some of these but haven't painted them yet. Interested to see how you do the non-Beja.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should start getting a lick of paint tomorrow with any luck. I'll post up pics as they progress.

      As for the Kordofani Tribes I'm using the more clothed models I'm not al all sure if this is actually historically accurate (I get the impression that it may be). anyway, they will be just as much fun as the Beja and to be honest, not at all different in terms of clothing, skin tone and equipment.barring the headware or lack of hair.

      Delete