Wednesday 25 March 2015

The Cutting Edge Way of Prepping Miniatures

Really......

Pressure Applied with All My Might (and unseen pain!)


Weird mix of Blood and Glue (Failed to stop the bleeding!)


Another View


Trolley, Had Been Cleaned Twice Already!


A Bandage Unfitting for Such a Mighty Wound!


Blood Oozing Out Post Hospital


The moral of the story? Well, there isn't one. I was just cleaning up a miniature the blade broke, slipped and sliced off a good proportion of my thumb! Could have happened to any of us! It's my second time....... though last time i was using a blunt scalpel, always a no-no!

Bye  for now.

10 comments:

  1. Ouch! The number of times I have done this! Usually using one of those yellow plastic disposable knives on plastic figures which always turn out to be harder than I predicted..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I feel for you....

      My finger still feels like it's burning up!

      Darrell.

      Delete
  2. Blimey! You made a good job of it at least. Hope it heals up OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael, LOL, yeah, took a good chunk out of my poor thumb! i had kept the flap of skin that had come out in the hope that they could keep it attached but the doctor just shook his head and put it in the Hospital Waste!!

      Feeling a little less painful today though I've loaded up on painkillers!

      Darrell.

      Delete
  3. Ouch indeed,... hope you make speedy recovery... at least it was your left hand eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had a try at holding a brush and a mini on a cork today and it started bleeding slightly again.... looks like i'm going to have to hold off for a while.... and with Salute just around the corner!! :>(

      Darrell.

      Delete
  4. Nasty >i< Suffering for your hobby, oh the pain. Hope it's healed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Darrell with Salute so close! I've sliced my thumb open many a time but never made the job of it you seen to have. Maybe you can enlist some painting help from your Northern brothers or perhaps even your southern brothers to ready the troops for Salute?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm off to get the dressing changed tomorrow so i *might* be OK to hold things after that- blloomin well hope so! :>)

      Darrell.

      Delete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment