Thursday 6 February 2020

Reconquista at Partizan 2020, Christian Vignettes I

Hi,

I've been working on a few larger units while simultaneously having the odd vignette sitting at the side of the table to work on if I'm waiting for anything to dry, that sort of thing.....

Here's the first, a Bishop blessing a Caballero Villanos (poor knight) who were quite often taken from the upper peasantry and were likelier still to come from a border region where there was often conflict, or the threat of, mainly in the form of raids. These border zones on the Spanish peninsular were not, as one might assume, necessarily borders between the religious principalities. They could just as easily be a border between two Christian 'nations' or two Muslim kingdoms.


The paints used were all Vallejo with a few of their Panzer Aces range thrown in for good measure. I don't paint exclusively with one company or another but my bread and butter are Vallejo model, Game, Panzer Aces and Andrea paints with Foundry as back up. I'm slowly letting my Foundry pots diminish as I don't think the quality of their current paints is anywhere near as good as the original sets. In fact, some are unusable. The palette was chosen so the kneeling knight, not in his full armour, would have very earthy hues which would contrast nicely with the stark white, red and gold of the Bishop's robes. This does perhaps not come across too well due to my choice of background but it has to be said that I have been having trouble taking pictures at this time year due to the light.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment