Tuesday 18 February 2020

Hundred Years War/Late Med. Casualty Markers (From La Journee Blog)

Not a new idea by any means but a great way of recording casualties, fatigue and momentum in various rule sets.

I ordered 13 Casualty Marker Bases from Warbases, the ones with the dial and numbers 0-10 printed on a strip of MDF in the middle which is sandwiched between two other layers of MDF. You'll see exactly what I mean in the images below, I'm sure you own one or two of these as well. I did take the step of making the bases look like mini dioramas and included as many miniatures as was possible to tell a story on at least some of the bases.

This time no painting was needed as I simply just took the mini's that I had as singular casualty bases and re-bases them. I'm very pleased with the results and now have some excellent casualty markers that could be used in To the Strongest, WAB, Hail Caesar, Swordpoint and Bloody Barons or in any other rule system which requires a regular tally of casualties to be taken.

Without further ado, here are the pics:














7 comments:

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment