Thursday, 27 August 2026

Classical Mauryan Indian Archers and Spearmen & Workbench Catch Up


I was hoping to get this Classical/Mauryan Indian army ready for an event but delays in being able to order the miniatures I needed to add and delays in painting have left me with the army just about half painted! Still, I am able to borrow one for the event so all is well. also, I have committed to putting on a display game at Battleground Wargames Show in November which really makes the painting of these Indians unpractical if I am to be able to put my energy into the upcoming display game.

I thought I'd post up the pictures anyway as a means to document the army so far and hopefully to spur myself on when I get the time to finish up the army.

















Two Indian Heavy Chariots in need of basing and then they are ready for action. The crew, minus the Essex Miniatures "driver" are from The Miniature Company and are sold by Eureka Miniatures UK. The chariots are Essex Miniatures. I was somewhat forced into going down the route of using Essex Chariots and The Miniature Company/Eureka crew as my army consists of 99% The Miniature Company/Eureka miniatures which are literally heads and shoulders above Essex in height. more importantly, the The Miniature Company/Eureka are massive and are just too big to look right in any way in my book.


As for the display game we're putting on in November at Battleground there are perhaps a few clues contained within the image below. Answers on a postcard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment