Friday 13 March 2015

Clubbing Again!!!

Or.... How Powdered Can Barker Get?

Yes, it was session II for the game of Napoleonics using the hybrid rules system based on Black Powder and the WRG Horse and Musket rules. Basically, the movement is taken from Black Powder (as well of the Blunders naturally!) and the combat system is taken from WRG. All in all it works OK but I think it can, at least from an outsiders perspective, seem a little slow and ponderous. Does it have a Napoleonic feel? It seems to have but I'll ask Shaun, more of an expert in my eyes than I, next week which should see the game come to a conclusion.

Once again, I had a thoroughly good laugh with Matt, Shaun and Steve who had taken up the mantle of umpire and just as well too as he seemed to have a grasp of the rules that 'we' did not, especially me! Matt's blinding Blunder/s as he tried to form square had to be the highlight of the evening, that and his attempt to charge the guns..... "There Sir! Are your guns!"

Here's the pics of what was to see the French fight heroically on their left pushing back the English, a flank that looked for all intents and purposes that was doomed for the French a week earlier. Later on though, the French began to lose a bit of impetus and things looked to only be mildy in favour of the French by the time the session ended.

Pics for your delectation:
















Bye for now.



8 comments:

  1. The game I was invited up to play in was cancelled and replaced at the last minute to DBAv.3, so I didn't go last night after all. Which actually turned out for the best as it happens, so alls well that ends well.

    I'm glad you had a good time. Was the other table in the room still going strong with the sampans, or have they moved on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that.

      Maybe there's something on this week that will tickle your fancy Roy?

      Darrell.

      Delete
    2. I'll sort something out. Probably next time I come up I'll have arranged it so that I'm bringing my own figures and not be dependant on others. I haven't touched those Perry Lion Rampants yet, and am sorting out Cowboy Mexican terrain, so theres a start.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. none of them belong to me unfortunately. They do belong to Shaun who has quite an impressive collection- regiments numbered under the bases etc.

      Delete
  3. Splendid looking figs - very impressive setting! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Peninsular had always seemed more interesting then the later Nappy period to me. Thing is, I dare not dip my toe..... the water is too deep! :>)

      Delete
  4. Thanks chaps, more to come very soon as part two was played last night!!

    i'm a week behind but what the hell.....

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment