Wednesday 13 October 2021

Partizan on the Ground when I Was Not on the Ground!

What follows is almost certainly one of the oddest of all my posts in the nearly two decade of my blogging activity! That of the Partizan show last weekend, which I could not make! Definitely up there for one of the most offbeat, even bizarre posts!

These pictures were sent to me from a friend, Steve Maher, who knowing that it was impossible for me to make it down to Partizan due to Covid kindly offered to take some pictures of the Bodkin's Crecy game. The Bodkins, who consist of David Imrie, Dave Andrews, Matthew Bickley and Simon Chick are renown for putting on Late Medieval games of a very high standard. Anyone who regularly frequents Partizan will almost certainly be familiar with their superbly painted and presented games. 

The game was played using David Imrie's up and coming Claymore Castings Hundred Years War rules. The more I have gleaned about the rules the more they are looking like the golden rules for the Hundred Years War which I have been seeking out for the last two decades! I have over the years, tried many rulesets and they all seemed to have something fundamental missing when it came to the effect of "English" archery. If I had to pick one outstanding wargaming passion of mine it the Hundred Years War would be number one so it was a little painful not to be able to travel down and see the game for myself but, hey, I had to put my health first!

I have asked David to write a few words about the game before presenting the pictures to you.


Photo Above by Steve Maher


Photo Above by Steve Maher


Photo Above by Steve Maher


Photo Above by Steve Maher


Photo Above by Steve Maher


Photo Above by Steve Maher


Photo Above by Steve Maher


Photo Above by Steve Maher


Photo Above by Steve Maher


Photo Above by Steve Maher


Photo Above by Steve Maher


Photo Above by Steve Maher


Photo Above by Steve Maher

If anyone has any pictures they would like me to share of the game here on my blog, please leave a comment or contact me via the Contact Form on my Blog on the right hand sidebar. any contributions will be credited and very much appreciated.

And thanks to Dave Andrews, David Imrie, Simon Chick and Matthew Bickley for presenting such a beautiful game! One full of beautifully painted miniatures and in such abundance.

6 comments:

  1. A lovely looking game indeed👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. If only I had been able to make it down. hopefully for Spring 2022!

      Delete
  2. It was great to see David Imrie again, he is a very talented and good all round guy,..for a Scotsman. It is a very talented group of wargamers with some excellent sculpting skills. I cant wait for the next releases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 100% with you Robbie. They all have different levels and types of expertise that are highly complimentary. They will probably kill me for saying this but Matthew as brilliant sculptor and painter, David as painter extraordinaire (super fast too!), Simon as the man with amazing eye for details (his vignettes are absolutely outstanding) and Dave for his excellent [painting and masterful terrain building.

      Delete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment