Friday 18 February 2022

Rescue Pics from WaybackMacine! Kievan Prince, WWII Germans, Mongol General, Old West

A few more pics rescued using Wayback Machine from  old website.

All painted in the early 2000's. My eyes were certainly better back then. It's interesting to see how my painting style has developed- come habits have stayed, some have been discarded. I have largely discarded painting in eyes, my layering is now less stark and smoother. Facial details are also smoother these days. The influence of Jock Ramage, Kevin Dallimore and Tom Wiess is very noticeable. much less so in my current work. 

As usual all the images are "clickable" if you want to enlarge them a little.

Kievan Prince:






WWII Late War Germans:





Old West:






Mongol General:

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Bartek. They were all from approximately two decades back when I was buying miniatures like there was no tomorrow! The WWII Late War Germans were inspired by some absolutely beautiful models painted by Andrew Taylor on the Steve Dean Forum- they were so beautiful I had to have a try. I didn't even come close LOL

      Delete
  2. Always nice to see the progress of a painter over the years. Very nicely painted figures and great that you were able to rescue the pics. But I honestly like your ‚modern‘ painting style better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Moiterei_1984. I agree; I prefer my modern style too as it is much more "me". As mentioned in the post above, going back to when these were painted, I was still trying to find my feet and develop my own personal style.

      Delete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment