Monday 2 April 2012

And There Will Be Snow

Seemingly topical at present with our oncoming April snow showers about to descend upon us, for a while now I've been trying to build up some snow and ice swept bases for my Norwegian WAB/CoE/WaC army. It's been a bit of a saga of trial and error over the years, trying to get the sort of impact on the bases that I was looking for but I'm quite happy with my latest efforts, if anything the base colour could be a little darker than what I used? It would be great what guys think so, as usual, any comments are very welcome.













Here's a couple of shots showing what I had in terms of basing the last time compared to now:





4 comments:

  1. Even though you call him a Norwegian i think his very cool, the men in his hand look realy frightend.

    You might want to go for some real Vikings from Swedish though;)

    best regards Dalauppror, representing the Swedish Vikings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks pretty good to me! The darker base colour allows the drifting 'snow' to stand out nicely. Might be tempted to add a little more, perhaps at the base of the foliage; great piece all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great effect, very well done, and a great idea too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your comments guys.

    So, in the end I've decided to do a darker base and see how it looks with more of a contrast between the base and the snow/ice.

    I'll post up pics as soon as I've finished the base.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment