Saturday 20 November 2021

Post Removed Due to Immoral Practices of Manufacturer.

***Apologies if this (now removed) article has caused offence***

Since writing this article yesterday I have subsequently found out that AK Interactive produced a book on "Painting the Holocaust"! This is something that I certainly cannot condone nor support in any way so I have made the decision to remove this post.

I realise that wargaming and painting blogs are essentially apolitical but this is a step too far for me. 

Again, apologies to anyone who clicked on the link. 


***I think I have deleted all the links of Facebook to this post but if anyone finds one I have somehow missed please leave a comment below and it will be deleted immediately***



6 comments:

  1. I made the mistake of trying Warlord's matt spray... very satin indeed... grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't touch any of their sprays with a bargepole if I could avoid it David. I once had to resort to using their Matt Black Primer which was gloss!

      Delete
  2. What is it with matt varnish? As I have posted elsewhere, I am using W&N Galeria matt acrylic varnish, but have resorted to adding Tamiya X-21 Flat Base to get a flat finish. I don’t have spraying facilities, so brush everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nightmare JJ. I've been painting for over 30 years and nothing I have tried has come close to Winsor and Newton Professional Matt Varnish Spray. Now that I have a nice brush on version (I'm not sure how it will cope with an Enamel Gloss just yet) I think AK Interactive Ultra Matt Varnish might just be the perfect panacea.

      Delete
  3. I only brush on Galeria Matt Varnish as well. Once you have had a batch of painting ruined by bad spray, you never want to spray varnish again. Well, I don’t anyway. Like you I gloss varnish first.
    Kadeshuk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. W&N Galeria has a satin sheen to it so I avoid using it. I want a c0pmpletely flat matt finish ergo my use of W&N Professional Matt Spray. It has never let me down in many years. since learning of AK Interactive's "Painting the Holocaust" book I won't be using their's either.

      Delete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment