Wednesday 11 January 2023

Arthurian Welsh (Sub Roman)

Hi all,

OK, my first post of the New Year went belly up last evening when I dropped a couple of bases of 28mm  Thematic Byzantine Kavallaroi an inch or so onto my workbench and pinged out three kontos (Kontoses? Kontos'? Whatever is plural for Kontos!)) ! Not exactly a great start! Dark images of the Great Varnishing Late Roman Disaster last year remerged in my thoughts! However, my "rule of three's" came to the rescue and pleased to be able to make the first post of my New Year; Arthurian Welsh. I've been asked to take part in the play testing of several sets of new rules which all work for the Sub Roman era up to the 11th Century. The Welsh were bought in 2007 and have not seen daylight since! "Shame and eternal shame, nothing but shame!

The miniatures are all from Gripping Beast's Arthurian Welsh range.

Those Thematic Byzzies have had their paint jobs rescued and re-varnished by this time next week. In the meantime, please let me introduce a less effective troop type than the Thematic Byzantine Kavallaroi, the Welsh Skirmishers for my Arthurian British and Welsh Kingdom's army, erm.... gang..... erm belligerent group of..... meh, whatever.....




4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Very nice painting !!! I like the natural shades.
    Nikkobourges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikko. I went for a very "earthy" base colour to set things off with the more natural tones on the clothing.

      Delete
  2. I'm happy, that you resolved your varnishing problem. Those figures look lovely as always ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment