Tuesday 31 January 2023

More Sub Roman, British and Welsh Kingdom's Skirmishers

Between my main project, the Thematic Byzantines and finding myself having to wait for some Gloss varnish to go off (the requisite week before matting down) I managed to sneak in six British and Welsh Kingdom's Skirmishers for my Arthurian project.

Although a unit of slingers I checked in some javelin and bow types in the unit- we are talking Sub Roman era here and I have serious doubts as to the validity of the village hoi polloi being overly very organised in the production of homologous military units. Anyway, it helps break up the homogeneity of the unit which was my primary concern.




Close Ups- right click to enlarge:






6 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Very nice painting !!!
    Nikkobourges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work as always. With skirmishers, I think, how they operated is probably more important than with what they are armed, in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I think they would have been pretty useless if they were just the lads from the village, like the Welsh above, instead of actual soldiers.

      Delete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment