Friday 9 October 2020

Afghan Tribesmen Medium Pace Painting!

This little lot should have been based up a few weeks ago but.... well,  I could not find them! I had individually bubble wrapped each mini, carefully places them in a box with extra bubble wrap then proceeded to lose the box! I suspect that I might not be the first wargamer who has made such an error; answers on a postcard please.....

The first four bases of what will eventually include a very large number of Afghans, including Regulars, were painted at what I referred to in a previous post as "medium pace". My original intention was to speed paint them, however, they took a little longer then I had anticipated so it is back to the drawing board and an attempt at figuring out a swifter method but one which complies with what I would call a good wargames standard.

They do look a little better now that I have them based up but I do feel like I have to figure out a way in which to get a similar standard but at a faster pace.

Group Shot:





Base 1:





Base 2:





Base 3:
(Yes, some idiot forgot to take one of the pics)




Base 4:




16 comments:

  1. Lovely looking bunch of Afghans! I've packed whole armies, individually painted for years in some cases, mainly it was a basing avoidance technique!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You do not suffer that condition in isolation Iain LOL

      Oh, and thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Dynamic and gorgeous figures, love your paint job, especially the clothes...great bases as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. A large part of the 'job' was done by the amazing sense of dynamism and realism the Perry's inject into their sculpts.

      Delete
  3. They look great...the balance between speed and quality not easy to find. I prefer speed but your quality shines through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt. I'm supposed to be doing a "How To Paint" book at some stage at a "High Wargames Standard" which looked very easy on paper but it reality it is harder to achieve. One mans "High Wargames Standard" is....... etc :>)

      Delete
  4. Terrific stuff. Lovely clean paint-jobs. Not a period I've ever painted or played. But these are definitely a temptation. Super-pleased to have found this blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Blaxkleric. The Perry Miniatures Afghans, both metal and plastic, are superb miniatures with just the right amount of animation and dynamism in the poses.

    ReplyDelete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment