Sunday 2 February 2020

Indian Mutiny/NWF Rock (From Shooting Leave Blog)

Not a particularly very exciting entry at present as I've just completed a rock and thought that it ought to be documented! I know! LOL :>)

This is however significant in that I've been torturing myself a little over whether to present the Indian landscape and soil as rich in iron giving it a reddish appearance or whether to double up my NWF terrain with my Indian Mutiny terrain. I've decided upon the latter as this is going to save a lot of time and effort. It might not be 100% historically accurate for the Mutiny campaigns that I have in mind but it will the terrain pieces will certainly do the job that I'm looking for and I can happily settle for that.

The rock is made out of bark chippings and old Greystuff (that is off and not suitable for sculpting proper. The grey stuff fills all the gaps in the terrain and I sculpted it to match the barks rocky texture by wetting a piece of bark and pressing it into the Greystuff with persistence.

So, without much further ado, I present to you [drum roll......]; a rock!


3 comments:

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment