Thursday 3 June 2021

Something Spanish This Way Comes


Just a quickie today. Ahem.....

I've finished the brushwork on the first six Spanish Arquebusiers. They have not seen any varnish yet so there's a good eight days to go before they have the final finish put on but I was so enthused at having completed them I could not resist posting a few pics up.

I've gone for a preponderance of earthy yellows. I am not actually sure why but this if often the colour that seems to dominate so many Early Renaissance Spanish armies, though I doubt this has very much of a basis in historical fact. Especially on campaign where the clothing was certainly more "earthy" in appearance LOL

Most of the colours are derivatives of tertiary colours shaded form complimentary colours or drawn from the "greys". That's the tech stuff over with, I won't bore you with any more detail!







4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. May inspire me to dig out my TAG Spanish purchased a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold the press! Have you used gold metallic paint to create SENMM?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment