Friday 25 September 2015

Clubbing it!!! CWC, Lion Rampant & Johnny Reb 2

There were very nice looking games at the club yesterday, Johnny Reb 2, Lion Rampant Dark Ages style and Cold War Commander in which I was taking the unenviable task of  the Russian commander (oh dear.....).

So, Cold War Commander; scenario was that I was trying to hold out for 12 turns from a defensive position until relieved.

Terrible Deployment or "Shame and eternal shame, nothing but shame!":





"Thus come the English, with full power upon us" And the Welsh, Scots and Irish.....


Ouch!




Slight traffic jam.... 


One of the other tables was hosting Shaun's ACW collection and was worth a few pics in between moments of hilarity on our table:






And in the other room there was once again a great looking game of Lion Rampant Dark Ages style:





In the event anyone is wondering what has happened to my usual relaxed conversational style of writing today- well, I had quite a lot of dentistry work done earlier and it's amazing how much actual pain can dull a mans senses :>)

Bye for now.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Darrell,

    How went it with the tooth? Not as bad as my worst case I hope?

    Cheers,
    Jim

    P.S. We'll just call the CWC game a learning experience shall we? I know I've done some equally silly things in the past...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dentist has given me a few days before my next appointment to decide even though I said I want to try to keep the tooth!! Oh, and you were right re: Root Canal Job :>(

      Yeah, you must have noticed the paucity of commentary LOL. Not entirely a result of the tooth ache if I'm to be honest- not that I'm a bad loser far from it.... I just couldn't think of anything interesting to say about the game- the pictures hopefully speak volumes Jim LOL :>) :>)

      Darrell.

      Delete
  2. Some very nice looking games there!

    ReplyDelete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment