Friday 9 October 2015

Wanted: GW/Citadel Plastic Shields

Hi,

Inspired by watching Kingdom of Heaven for the umpteenth time I've started converting some of the Perry First Crusade range for the Battle of Arsuf. As the shield designs of the mini's in the Perry range are not really suitable for the Third Crusade I was hoping that I might be able to obtain some of the old GW/Citadel Plastic variety as these will be much easier to fashion into the correct shape.

I'm not looking for the small heater types but rather the larger (Elven and other) types. I've included a pic of what I'm looking for below:

Of course I'm happy to pay for them so please get in touch with me if you have any spare at:



darrell.hindley@googlemail.com

Thanks for taking the time out to read this.


9 comments:

  1. I made a whole bunch of shields a few years back by hammering out some lead until thin enough to use. Then cutting out the required shape and rolling them slightly on something round with approximately the right curve. Might be a bit heavy for your needs. Mine were for lead figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Roger- hopefully (fingers crossed!) it won't come to that. I've had a bit of success reworking the shapes of the Perry shields provided with the packs but could really do with sculpting my own and getting them cast up. That's my ultimate goal. Unfortunately with my sculpting skills it's a long way off!!

      Delete
  2. Might have a few- I'll have a look later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be very much appreciated Simon. Just drop me a line if you have any.

      Darrell.

      Delete
  3. You can use also metal shield of vine bottles, or of a soda tins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion.

      I've got a sheet of lead foil that I was going to use as it's very flat. I'd rather have the plastic shields that I can file very easily into the shape I'm looking for.

      darrell.

      Delete
  4. I got a whole clam pack full of them somewhere,they are from the old op bretonian fantasy starter set. what is ur location? i am in Chicago ill. USA.
    Just drop me a google plus message with ur info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will do a trde to for 15mm ww2 stuff and bolt action or flames of war gaming aides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have messaged you back via Google plus as requested.

      Darrell.

      Delete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment